Graduate Software Engineer
What would I do at Current
We build tech that saves lives. Imagine building a platform that can monitor and analyse the health of every human being, that can direct healthcare attention to them before they know they need it. Imagine medication arriving in the post or an ambulance arriving outside - automatically. That's what we are building.
You do not need any previous experience in healthcare or medicine, but you do need an inquisitive and curious mind, you need to always strive for perfection, work at a fast pace and to tight deadlines. You have to be able to learn at an extreme pace, be ready for an ever changing and evolving environment, while being completely transparent to the rest of your team, our partners and our customers.
As a snap40 Software Engineer, you will work as part of our engineering and product team to build out our product for patients and healthcare providers. You will be involved in every stage of the product life cycle, deploy it out into the wild and see its positive impact on real people. You will work on new features as well as on our existing codebase.
- You are flexible and can learn on the job quickly
- You enjoy solving problems and making a difference
- You can pragmatically balance quality with a fast-paced schedule
- You are a good team player, ready to help, debate, compromise and work together
- You are comfortable working, prototyping and delivering incrementally, adapting based on customer needs and technical difficulties, always with the user in mind
- You have an eye for detail and you always look at the big picture
We would like you to...
- Have a degree in Computer Science, related field, equivalent training or work experience
- Have a basic knowledge of at least one modern programming language, bonus points for Java
- Have an understanding on writing tests and testable code
- Not be afraid to write SQL and have some experience with NoSQL databases
- Have experience with REST and JSON
Technologies we use
- Backend: Java (Spring), Python, .NET
- Databases: PostgreSQL (RDS), Couchbase and others
- Infrastructure: Linux, RabbitMQ, AWS via Terraform, Chef, Nomad, Consul and Fabio
- Monitoring: DataDog and ELK
Why should I choose Current?
- Solve real, hard problems that save lives and touch families. Solve problems that have never been solved before.
- Be a founding team member of a hyper-growth startup
- Be given complete freedom and autonomy to do what you do best - we're also remote friendly
- The best tools to help you succeed every day
- Stock options - our company is your company. We want to build it together